Re: [RFC/PATCH] cpuset: cpuset irq affinities

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Feb 29 2008 - 17:00:45 EST

Max wrote:
> Yeah, I'd prefer it to be along with cpusets. As I mentioned will need similar
> mechanisms for other things besides irqs for complete isolation. Creating a
> separate group for each sounds like an overkill.

One can combine cgroups into a single hierarchy.

If we had irqs and these similar mechanisms you have in mind each in
their separate cgroup subsystem, and if you normally wanted to deal
with them all in a single hierarchy, then you can mount those cgroup
subsystems together.

I've manage to avoid learning how to use cgroups, so you might want
to ask Paul Menage (just added to the cc list) how to do that, if the
Documentation/cgroups.txt isn't sufficient.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability