Re: Xen paravirt frontend block hang

From: Christopher S. Aker
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 20:01:07 EST

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
I've been running this all night without seeing any problem. I'm using current x86.git#testing with a few local patches, but nothing especially relevent-looking.

Meh .. what backend are you using? We're using LVM volumes exported directly into the domUs like so:

disk =[ 'phy:vg1/xencaker-56392,xvda,w', ... ]

Could you try the attached patch to see if it makes any difference?

Unfortunately we're still in the same place... pv_ops kernels are still hanging after heavy disk IO:

works - 2.6.18.x (from xen-unstable)
hangs - 2.6.25-rc3-git3
hangs - 2.6.25-rc3-git3 + your patch

Any other suggestions or debugging I can provide that would be useful to squash this?

-Chris