MTD types

From: Adrian McMenamin
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 15:19:24 EST

A long time ago I took some work Paul Mundt did and used to build a
working driver for the Sega Dreamcast Visual Memory Unit flash memory.

I am now trying to revive that for 2.6 kernels.

In the past the flash was simply described as MTD_OTHER - but I see from:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/4/13/151

that type was axed as it was thought unused (not unreasonable - my &
Paul's driver resided in the Dreamcast Linux CVS, not anywhere near
mainline).

I am loathe to just post a patch adding it back, so does it make any
difference if I use another type (I really have no idea of what the
physical type used in the Dreamcast is, though possibly someone here
might?)

Adrian