RE: CLONE_NEWNS and bind mounts to make "chroot" jail

From: Leibowitz, Michael
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 01:58:30 EST

If I understand correctly, the following should accomplish what I'm
looking for. However, pivot_root gives me EBUSY. I played around with
moving the mount --bind /jail /jail to before the unshared, as well as
making old_root a bind mount to itself. However, pivot_root always
seems to fail. Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong? The
following is my test code (error checking has been removed for clarity,
except for pivot_root).

char *newargv[]= { "sh", NULL };

chdir("/jail");
unshare(CLONE_NEWNS));
mount("/jail", "/jail", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
mount("/bin", "bin", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
mount("/usr", "usr", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
mount("/lib", "lib", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
if (pivot_root(".", "old_root")) perror("pivot_root . old_root");
exec("./bash-static"); /* copied to /jail prior to running */

Thanks.

>Serge replies:
[snip...snip]

--