Re: [BUG] soft lockup detected with ipcs

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 07:28:38 EST

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Jiri Olsa wrote:

> ipcs.kernel.out.1 is the kernel log from the time strace ipcs was done.
> ipcs.kernel.out.2 is from the next run of ipcs that stuck,
> there's no overlay between those logs.
> When the kernel freeze I'm getting logs with the spinlock lockup.. and it's repeating.

Thanks. Have you tried turning lockdep off, if that still triggers?

Aparently the first BUG leaves the spin lock locked, and all subsequent
accessess to it lock the machine hard. We'll need to see what goes wrong
inside lockdep.

Could you please run

addr2line -e vmlinux c0133034

(passing the path to the vmlinux binary of the crashing kernel to the -e
parameter).

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs