Re: 2.6.24-rt1 IRQ routing anomaly

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 08:24:34 EST

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Jon Masters wrote:

> > > Yep, you were right. They do share the same IRQ and the problem does go away.
> > > Unfortunately I can't run this machine with noapic. I need irq affinity.
> > >

> > Thanks for verifying. OK, I'll see if I can get the workaround on i386.
>
> What's the situation with this one? Want me to look at it?

Jon,

The board Mark has may just be some cheap hardware. It would be great
that RT would work on all boxes, but I'm not sure we want to spend time on
"broken-by-design" hardware while there's bigger fish in the sea to catch.

The current workaround is just use noapic, although I do understand
that's not good enough for Mark. But I'm sure Mark has other hardware
he could use ;-)

-- Steve