Re: Regression in 2.6.25-rc3: s2ram segfaults before suspending

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 12:11:40 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

The only thing I don't understand is why this is suddenly a problem with
2.6.25, and not with 2.6.24? Is there a bug in 2.6.24 and previously
that allows real-mode execution of non-executable pages?

It is strange indeed... Should it be traced as an regression?
Pavel

I'd like to understand what the heck happened, but as far as we can observe right now, it's a *progression*, not a regression, since executing out of a non-PROT_EXEC area isn't *supposed* to work...

-hpa