Re: bad paravirt/Xen interaction in "x86 - Enhance DEBUG_RODATA support- alternatives"

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 13:03:17 EST

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
I think kmap_atomic is only implemented on x86_32 and only deals with
highmem pages. It will simply return the original page address without
changing the protection for other pages, which is not what we want.
Would ioremap() be a good alternative ?

Perhaps, though that's uncached by default. You could reserve a fixmap slot and use set_fixmap to create the mapping. Or use vmap, which may make dealing with instructions crossing page boundaries a little easier.