Re: [patch 1/2] add ALL_CPUS option to stop_machine_run()

From: Max Krasnyanskiy
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 19:31:39 EST

Hi Rusty,

On Saturday 01 March 2008 06:15:59 Ingo Molnar wrote:
Right now the answer is: "if you want to do hard RT then avoid doing
things like loading modules". (which you should avoid while doing
hard-RT anyway)

Hi Ingo,

I agree, but Max is doing a service by making more people aware of the limitations of stop_machine so they don't sprinkle it around like candy :)
Exactly. I'm glad we're on same page on this.

I think the module load case can be reasonably fixed; it's in my backlog now.
Great. I might get some time later this week to think about this some more and try things out. So if you have ideas/suggestions let me know.

Max