Re: High resolution timers on AT91SAM926x

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 20:29:33 EST

On Monday 03 March 2008, Bosko Radivojevic wrote:
> I had CONFIG_ATMEL_TCLIB enabled, but not TCB_CLKSRC and
> TCB_CLKSRC_BLOCK=0. With all those options, I finally have HRT
> functionality. But, strange thing is that jitter of my little example
> (get time, sleep 1ms, get time, show the difference) is around 250us.
> Maybe this is normal for this architecture?

I have no idea why that would be. Maybe you can find out. :)

> System is (as noted on rt.wik site) very slow with NO_HZ option enabled.

It doesn't exactly say *why* or compare to other arm926ejs
chips ...

Could the 64-bit math (ktime stuff) be a factor there? Your
board probably only runs at 95 (or-so) bogomips after all.

And is that just a NO_HZ issue, or generically an issue when
oneshot timer modes are in heavy use?

- Dave