[announce] Xtables, Xtables-addons 1.5.2

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 00:01:26 EST

Hello everyone,

I have released Xtables 1.5.2, which is a package of my ongoing
iptables development. It contains a few patches that make it easier
to build (no kernel source requiredÂ!), and... see shortlog below. I
just rebased it on top of the new converted-from-svn iptables git
tree (which still needs to be officially embraced..); once that
happens it will hopefully merge. Still, it is stable and can replace
an older iptables package.

Then there is Xtables-addons 1.5.2 out now, which does not have any
new striking changes; just a fix to let it work with older GNU makes
and that it does not depend on the same Xtables version anymore.
(kernel-source required here, in case you ask.)

I have gotten a number of inquiries regarding Xtables modules, and
yes, I am taking submissions into Xtables-addons.

URLs:
bz2- http://dev.computergmbh.de/files/xtables/
gitweb- http://dev.computergmbh.de/gitweb.cgi?p=xtables-dev
gitweb- http://dev.computergmbh.de/gitweb.cgi?p=xtables-addons
clone- git://dev.computergmbh.de/xtables-dev
clone- git://dev.computergmbh.de/xtables-addons

SRPM for reference how to build it in an automatic environment:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-jengelh/SRPMS/
BRPM:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-jengelh/SUSE-10.3/

ÂUnless you cross-compile.

Xtables:
Jan Engelhardt (24):
Update .gitignore
Fix compilation of iptables-static build
Correct the family member value of libxt_mark rev.1
Makefile: add a "tarball" target
Drop -W from CFLAGS and some tiny code cleanups
Fix -Wshadow warnings and clean up xt_sctp.h.
Fix all remaining warnings (missing declarations, missing prototypes)
Add support for xt_hashlimit match revision 1
Update the libxt_owner manpage with the UID/GID-range feature
Combine IP{,6}T_LIB_DIR into XTABLES_LIBDIR
Move libipt_recent to libxt_recent
Add IPv6 support to libxt_recent
Add all necessary header files - compilation fix for various cases
Update package name (Xtables) and documentation
configure: split --enable-libipq from --enable-devel
Install libiptc header files because xtables.h depends on it
Remove support for compilation of conditional extensions
Combine ipt and ip6t manpages
Implement AF_UNSPEC as a wildcard for extensions
Change IPTABLES_VERSION to XTABLES_VERSION
Update spelling and grammar in manpages
Fix broken markup in manpages
Clarify prerequisites of Xtables and update option notes
Xtables 1.5.2