Re: Regression in 2.6.25-rc3: s2ram segfaults before suspending

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 07:43:18 EST

* Klaus S. Madsen <ksm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > are you sure you ID-ed the right commit that broke things?
>
> I can't be sure. It was my third attempt, and there seems to be some
> sort of Makefile trouble in that area, which causes the problem to
> appear and disappear at random, unless I do a make clean && make. But
> the triggering commit was found with make clean && make, and I made
> sure that reverting the resulting commit did actually solve the
> problem...

btw., even if it turns out to be the wrong commit, you sure poked in the
right general area. This is one of the reoccuring problems with git
bisection: a small mistake near the end of a long bisection session can
point to the wrong commit. Especially with more sporadic failure modes
it can be quite a challenge.

Ingo