Re: 2.6.25-rc2 Regression Thinkpad acpi

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 16:09:20 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26 2008, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 08:00:35PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
volume keys work. But anything through acpid does not. Even AC/battery switch
is not signalized. So the bug may be somewhere else?
Yeah, there is an EC-related regression in 2.6.25-rc3 that bites your
thinkpad. I don't have a link to it right now, but if you look for the
messages to LKML on the last 48h, you will find it.
this one fixes all my troubles with thinkpad hotkeys in rc3.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/25/400

Ping - is anyone sending this upstream? Would be nice to have my x60
usable for -rc4 at least.

Please take a look at patches in #10100.

Alex.