Re: [patch 3/3] pata: "I do not think it means, what you think itmeans."

From: Ville Syrjälä
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 06:13:21 EST

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:33:29AM +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > In my experience what they needed was proper cooling. I have a 3ware
> > RAID-5 array of 4 120 GB DeskStar drives still working.
>
> I think the largest "deathstars" (75GXP?) were 75 GB.

AFAIK there were basically two series of deathstars. The original
DTLA<something> and the more recent IC35<something>. The IC35 series
were bigger (120GB is the most common size I've seen for those).
Proper cooling and firmware upgrade usually fixed the deathstarness on
both series. I still have some of both, not in active use for a year or
two but still working. As a strange coincidence I was just pulling out
some old data from them yesterday.

--
Ville Syrjälä
syrjala@xxxxxx