Re: struct pci_device_id declaration cleanups

From: Jonas Bonn
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 07:37:20 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:55:38AM +0100, Jonas Bonn wrote:
This set of patches applies the macro DECLARE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE to the declarations of struct pci_device_id in several network drivers. The drivers
build cleanly with these patches (without any new warnings) on both x86 and PowerPC.

Why would we want this macro? It looks slightly ugly at least..

Basically because the alternative would be along the lines of:

static const struct pci_device_id fst_pci_dev_id[] __devinitconst = {

...and this was deemed to be even uglier when I first brought this up a while back.

/Jonas