mmc card detection

From: shri
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 08:40:12 EST

Hi,
My proto board does not have a mmc card detect line to the mmc controller.

So, I have to insert the card before i insmod the mmc drivers.
If i change a card i have to rmmod and insmod the driver.

I would like to know is there anyway i can make mmc to free up all the
resources for the removed card. entries and reinitialise the new
card inserted if any
without rmmod or insmod.

I thought of using mmc_remove_host and mmc_add_host in the driver
which could be triggered by
an application through sysfs entry.

Are the calls mmc_remove_host and mmc_add_host the correct call to
use in this case?

Regards,
shri