Re: [patch -mm 4/4] mempolicy: remove includes for duplicateheaders

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 16:02:08 EST

David wrote:
> It simply decreases the remote chance later that ...
>
> The only way this would make things more fragile is if ...

Does anyone lurking on this thread know if there is an
established convention in kernel code, whether to directly
include all headers that your code explicitly needs, or
whether it's ok to rely on indirect includes for such?

David and I could debate the fine points of which way is
best until the cows come home; the two of us are good at
that. This is too minor an issue for that sort of effort.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability