Re: block layer / FS question: x86_32bit with LBD, 20 TB RAID volume => funny issues

From: Frantisek Rysanek
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 05:41:01 EST

On 7 Mar 2008 at 10:30, Andi Kleen wrote:
[...snip...]
> BTW your problems mostly sound like driver issues. Some drivers
> (and some controller firmwares) have problems with large block numbers

thanks for that hint, I'll investigate that too.

The HBA is a Qlogic QLA-2460. Based on some past experience with
other brands of FC HBA's, I tend to swear on Qlogic as the reference
implementation of FC hardware.

The driver I've tried so far is the vanilla version in 2.6.22.6 and
2.6.24.2. The firmware that I load at runtime is something I've
downloaded from Qlogic web maybe four months ago... time to update my
firmware :-)

Frank Rysanek