Re: [RFC, PATCH] signals: print_fatal_signal: fix the signr "calculation"

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 14:03:52 EST

The intent of your change is to get the printk for each thread, right?
I don't really see the point. The thread that actually had the fault will
dequeue a non-SIGKILL signal and report its status. We only need one
thread per signal to the print-out.

Hmm. I see that non-coredump signals that hit the optimized fatal case in
__group_complete_signal will cause every thread to have a pending SIGKILL.
So that will be seen first and prevent the print-out. So that's what you
intend to change?

I'm not sure print-fatal-signals was really ever intended for non-coredump
signals. It doesn't seem like it would be all that useful. It's probably
even undesireable for every normal C-c killing something to cause a printk.

Thanks,
Roland