Re: XFS internal error

From: David Chinner
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 19:46:01 EST

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:59:27PM +0100, Andreas Kotes wrote:
> * David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx> [20080310 23:30]:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:22:16PM +0100, Andreas Kotes wrote:
> > > * David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx> [20080310 13:18]:

> > > I seem to be having similiar problems, and xfs_repair is not helping :(
> >
> > xfs_repair is ensuring that the problem is not being caused by on-disk
> > corruption. In this case, it does not appear to be caused by on-disk
> > corruption, so xfs_repair won't help.
>
> ok, too bad - btw, is it a problem that I'm doing the xfs_repair on a
> mounted filesystem with xfs_repair -f -L after a remount rw?

If it was read only, and you rebooted immediately afterwards, you'd
probably be ok. Doing this to a mounted, rw filesystem is asking
for trouble. If the shutdown is occurring after you've run xfs_repair,
then it is almost certainly the cause....

I'd suggest getting a knoppix (or similar) rescue disk and repairing
from that, rebooting and seeing if the problem persists. If it
does, then we'll have to look further into it.

FWIW, you've got plenty of free inodes so this does not look
to be the same problem I've just found.

Cheers,

Dave.
--