Re: [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 01:37:45 EST

Rene Herman wrote:
> You seem to have sox installed, so try
>
> $ sox foo.wav -t alsa default

Playback results in infinite loop over the first quarter second or so
of audio. Using "aplay" results in same looping behavior over a longer
segment of audio -- maybe a half second.

> and
>
> $ sox foo.wav -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

Identical results to using "play" (as expected): for the 50K ".wav"
file, I hear the entire file approx. 1.8 times.

I tried a few rmmod/insmod cycles with different values for dma2.
Results as follows:

(a) dma2=1 (== dma1): no change
(b) dma2 option omitted : no change
(c) dma2=-1 : probe failed