Re: Unknown SATA PIIX PCI device ID 0x29b6

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 06:11:37 EST

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Tejun Heo wrote:

> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> >> How about cold plugging?
> >
> > Same.
>
> Does the attached patch help?

Well, I am not sure, whether it helps, tried booting with both 1.5Gbps and
this patch, it recovers now within 30 sec in both cold- and hot-plug
cases. To really state, that it has improved from about 55 sec down to 30
sec one would need more testing. Is this the kind of improvement you
expected? Can it be, that with this hardware it just cannot get better?
Remember, the disk is an external eSATA enclosure with a (relatively new)
PATA disk inside.

Well, at least the hotplug case did recover faster this time. Not sure
about coldplug, because in the logs all kernel messages come with the
same time and I don't have printk timestamp on.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski