Re: physmap and "request_module: runaway loop modprobe net-pf-1"

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 03:36:57 EST

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 22:59 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > This solution would require simply changing the parser configuration
> > options to bool in drivers/mtd/Kconfig. Is there a reason to allow the
> > parsing code to be built as a module?
>
> That sounds reasonable.

I have no particular objection to that. But shouldn't we call
af_unix_init() earlier if modprobe doesn't run without it?

> I'd suggest that you make your own decision as to what is the best fix, then
> send a patch. Please cc me on it and I'll make sure that it gets
> appropriately handled. This may take a bit of time, as the MTD patch
> backlog is rather large at present.

Yeah, things have been interesting. But I get to spend a whole three
weeks at home, starting next week. So feel free to LART me if I don't
catch up. Thanks, again, for your help in making sure things don't fall
through the cracks.

--
dwmw2