Re: boot cgroup questions

From: Max Krasnyanskiy
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 15:31:08 EST

Paul Jackson wrote:
Paul M wrote:
Not cgroups, no. If you really wanted to extend cpusets specifically
to allow irqs to be assigned to a cpuset to control which cpus they
could execute on, then that might be a possibility. But I don't see
how this would be useful for any other cgroup subsystem, so it doesn't
belong in the generic framework.

Ok - a sensible decision.

My feeling is that just using a simple bitmask assignment, unrelated
to cpusets or cgroups, as Max suggested in his later email is the way
to go.

I'll have to have another go at reading his replies. I seem to have
more difficulty making sense of his posts ... not sure why.
I'm sure it's because of gazillion typos in them :).

Max