broken access to a USB HID device after suspend

From: Tino Keitel
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 15:33:55 EST

Hi,

I use a tool called hidmon to control the parameters of my LCD in shell
scripts. I just had the case where this tool didn't work after suspend
to RAM. I just got this error message:

hid_force_open failed with return code 13

The kernel log contains lines like this:

usb 1-1.3: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd hidmon rqt 129 rq 6 len 9 ret -110

Unplugging and replugging the USB cable of the LCD didn't work.
However, after a further suspend/resume cycle it works.

This is Linux 2.6.25-rc5. The behaviour is not repoducible, though.
However, I just mention it for the case that this might ring a bell
somewhere.

Regards,
Tino