Re: [alsa-devel] [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 16:31:56 EST

Rene Herman wrote:
> (Re: interrupts not being seen by es18xx)
> That is indeed what it soundeed like, or the first bit at least.
>
> What does cat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_ALPHA_ say? Miuchael, and for
> you? For some Alpha configs, arch/alpha/kernel/es1888.c is compiled and for
> some not. I expect for you (Bob) it's compiled in? And Michael?

Here is the requested list of CONFIG_ALPHA_* items for the
2.6.25-rc4+iommu_patch kernel with support for snd-es18xx and snd-sb8:

CONFIG_ALPHA=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_MIATA=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_EV5=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_CIA=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_EV56=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_PYXIS=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_SRM=y
CONFIG_ALPHA_LEGACY_START_ADDRESS=y

>From arch/alpha/kernel/Makefile, obj-${CONFIG_ALPHA_MIATA} adds es1888.o
as a built-in object, so yes, it's built-in.

I never noticed the init support for the ES1888 chip before... The code
appears to set up DMA channel 1, but does not mention anything about the
second 16-bit DMA channel.