Re: boot cgroup questions

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 19:31:18 EST

Max K wrote:
> btw I still do not see the "incompatibility" argument.

It's similar, perhaps, to what happens when we try to accomodate two
architectures in one file system, with things like:
/x86_64/bin
/ia64/bin
replacing the well known /bin.

Things break. Apps such as the major batch schedulers (PBS and LSF)
and various other tools and scripts buried here and there have come
used to developing particular cpuset hierarchies over the last couple
of years.

Any time you force another dimension into such an existing hierarchy,
things break, and people get annoyed.

Sure ... the kernel doesn't care ... it can handle whatever hierarchy
you like.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability