Re: Keys get stuck

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 09:01:39 EST

My Dell X1 notebook had this problem HUGELY, back in about 2.6.18 or so.
Under *no* load to speak of, X would lose track of a "key up" event
and forever be stuck on "key down".

I could still use the mouse to start another X session simultaneously,
and in that alternate X things worked fine. So it was definitely an
X server process issue, not a system wide kernel thing.

And not a GNOME thing -- I use KDE exclusively.

Problem seems to have gone away since I put 2.6.23 onto that machine.
Newer kernels have broken suspend/resume there, so 2.6.23 is as high
as that one gets for now.

-ml