Re: 2.6.25-rc2 Regression Thinkpad acpi

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 10:52:23 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13 2008, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
Jens Axboe wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13 2008, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:59:34PM +0100, Jens Axboe wrote:
The BIOS isn't that old, probably updated it a couple of months ago.
I use the latest BIOS for my T61 and it just works. At least the event is
generated either for acpid or for Xserver.
This is an x60, so there may be other differences there.

There are was some playing with acpi_osi=Linux in this timeframe, known
to deal with sound buttons too.
Some of Thinkpads were inserted into the blacklist to need this OSI.
It might be that your Thinkpad needs it too...

Please talk to me like I'm an ACPI ignorant - because I am. Where is
this blacklist?

drivers/acpi/blacklist.c:485.
You probably could set acp_osi=Linux as kernel parameter to check if it helps.