Re: pcibios_scanned needs to be set in ACPI? (was Re: 2.6.25-rc5:Reported regressions from 2.6.24)

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 11:32:55 EST

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:06:10AM +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Greg KH wrote:

> > Ok, stupid me, this was my fault. I was assuming that pci busses would
> > never be registered multiple times with the pci core. Obviously this
> > isn't true. The previous patch I proposed was only paying attention to
> > the PCI devices, and that logic is just fine (it's already protected
> > when it is attempted to be registered multiple times.)
> >
> > So, the patch below fixes the issue for me, and reboot seems to work as
> > well.
> >
> > Guennadi, can you test this out on your machine?
>
> Yes, it fixes all _3_ startup warnings and lets the machine reboot and
> power off again. 3 warnings are the 2 reported as a regression from
> 2.6.24, and one present also under 2.6.24:
>
> PCI: Probing PCI hardware
> sysfs: duplicate filename 'bridge' can not be created

Yes, I noticed that if you were having this problem, .24 would also be
complaining to you about creating sysfs links. I'll make up a .24 patch
for -stable after this.

Kay just pointed out that I can use a struct device field instead of
creating my own in the bus device, so I'll simplify the patch and then
send it to Linus in a bit.

Thanks so much for testing quickly and letting me know.

greg k-h