Bug?Devices:Network:Wi-Fi:Broadcom,Bug?Devices:Audio:Conexant

From: Denis Lotarev
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 13:01:56 EST

Hello to Linux Kernel Dev from Russian Linux beginner!
I have 2 big troubles:( My google searching dont have success result.
I have notebook Hewlett Packard HP530 with Wi-Fi Broadcom (lspci out:
10:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
mini-PCI (rev 01)) and Conexant HD Audio (lspci out: 00:1b.0 Audio device:
Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller
(rev 01)) Im using Linux Slackware 12 (currently updated to current
13/04/2008) and latest Linux Kernel (uname -a out: Linux hp_init 2.6.24.3
#17 Thu Mar 13 09:46:20 YEKT 2008 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux) i have recompiled it with turned
on Intel HD Audio - Conexant HD Audio and Generic HD-Audio codec
parser) my sound card is detected well (dmesg|grep Intel out: #0: HDA Intel
at 0xf0580000 irq 17) Sound works well in internal speakers, but my
headphones not working from headphone mini-jack. Now, lets talking about
Broadcom wireless network adapter, its doesnt work too, but interface
detected (its wlan0). I know that those adapters working with
firmware (b43-fwcutter), but this chipset (BCM94311MCG) doesn't worked
with this. I tried much variants with it, but nothing success:(( dmesg
says about impossibility to load firmware ucode5.fw, but this file yet
in /lib/firmware/b43/ Im trying to using all versions of broadcom
drivers, but nothing works. Think, that my information is helpfully to
developers. If you have some questions to me, I always greatly to answer on
them. Hope, that dev team fix it or let me know some information how
to fix those issue. Much thanks from Russian Linux User!