Re: Timer interrupt stops, causes soft lockup

From: Joel K. Greene
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 13:21:42 EST

Hi Arjan,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry for the long post, I think the issue required a lot of detail. I'm
sure that it was easy to overlook that this is still an issue in a 6
week old kernel:
> Yesterday I pulled down 2.6.16.60 from kernel.org and built that
> kernel with HZ=1000 and reproduced the problem in about 7 hours.

It looks like from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ that .16
is the longest-running subversion and is still being maintained. Is
there a better list for 2.6.16 issues?

I am testing 2.6.24.3 now. I am not going tickless. I am not using PIT
with any of the kernels I am testing.

Thanks,
Joel.