Re: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]

From: Justin Madru
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 21:29:00 EST

Jesse Barnes wrote:
No problem, building X still isn't quite as easy as it should be, but it's only slightly more complicated than the typical './configure;make;make install' due to the dependencies between packages. You can check out the X wiki (wiki.x.org), there are some hints on building things there.

I'm just compiling the intel_reg_dumper right? I don't have to recompile all of X to use it?

Bryce Harrington wrote:
The following command will pull in all the dependencies you need for
building -intel:

sudo apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-intel

Ok, got that. I tried to compile and I found out I also had to install libpciaccess-dev, that's probably because I'm using the git tree and not the one that Ubuntu 7.10 uses. But I still can't compile the intel_reg_dumper I get the following error:

intel-driver/src/reg_dumper$ make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -I./.. -DREG_DUMPER -g -O2 -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:72: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_device_map_range’
main.c:72: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘pci_device_map_range’
main.c:75: error: ‘PCI_DEV_MAP_FLAG_WRITABLE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:75: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:75: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Justin