RE: [2.6.25-rc5-mm1][regression] ia64: hackbench doesn't finish >12 hour

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 12:17:38 EST

> seto-san teach me method of more investigate.
> and I found the root cause is contained by following patch.
>
> [IA64] Multiple outstanding ptc.g instruction support

Thank you very much for your testing, and for isolating the
cause of this regression.

> 2.6.25-rc5: works well
> 2.6.25-rc5-mm1: doesn't finish >12 hour

How long does hackbench take to complete on 2.6.25-rc5?
Does -mm1 hang completely? Or is it making slow progress?

> Could you please revert that patch from ia64?

I'll revert it while I investigate the cause of this
problem and try to find a way to avoid this problem.

> I dislike its strong regression.

Me too!

-Tony