Re: PNP: dynamic pnp resources

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 18:31:06 EST

On 13-03-08 13:04, Thomas Renninger wrote:

I had the problem that I could not test on isa systems.

Perhaps we can go organize a fundraiser for SuSE so they can go out and buy an ISAPnP soundcard. I have a few I can sell. I promise I won't overcharge them (much).

Rene Herman helped here a lot.
There are still open issues, last state was (comment from Rene):
------------------------
No. Please note we're talking about ISAPnP, not PnPBIOS. No BIOS
involved at all.

Driver (sound/isa/cs423x/cs4236.c) furthermore does not use anything but
the PnP layer itself. Start at snd_cs423x_pnpc_detect, which is the
pnp .probe() method.

I'll look into providing a more extensive answer and/or test whatever
comes in later.

Did look, but decided there wasn't much more specifically to add. It's something more fundamental about the flow of things and while the comment above is obviously cynical I did grow a bit tired of a series of patches that just transported the OOPS two lines down again each time, so I held out for Bjorn as well.

Still availabe for tests.

Rene.