Re: [Build Failure] linux-next: Tree for March 18

From: Andy Whitcroft
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 09:33:17 EST

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 04:46:45PM +0530, Kamalesh Babulal wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> The kernel build of linux-next tree(s) have been failing from 20080314 with
> the build failure
>
> drivers/serial/serial_core.c: In function `uart_add_one_port':
> drivers/serial/serial_core.c:2359: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
> make[2]: *** [drivers/serial/serial_core.o] Error 1
>
> And the patch was submitted for the same http://marc.info/?l=linux-next&m=120561799422065&w=2

This breakage is shown up when compiled with a config which doesn't have
CONFIG_PM set. It is a common error to only test with that turned on
and I am sure that this is just one of a number of bugs that have been
picked up by real machine configs.

Perhaps it would be worth having one of your integration test runs be
with a configuration with CONFIG_PM disabled so that they get detected
earlier in the process.

-apw