Re: Reporting ThinkPad BIOS bugs

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 09:46:57 EST

Great.

I'm willing to do what is needed to get this moving along, if someone
tells me what is needed.

It does appear that the problem is specific to particular machines, as
my Lenovo T60p running BIOS version 2.21 of 02/05/2008 (up to date as of
yesterday) has the problem when running various kernels (including all
Fedora 8, currently 2.6.24.3-34.fc8, and Fedora 9 alpha kernels,
currently some 2.6.25 kernel). However, everything works fine on a
Compac EVO N620c running from the Fedora 8 Live CD.

I have standard kernel logs with the behaviors, including a full bootup
log (when the device works). I just got the dmidecode information.

If anyone wants, I can send you this information (about 900 lines), or I
can get other information. I also can (with a bit of difficulty
probably get information from a T60 and an X60).

peter