Re: Serious performance regression in Wine applications and Linux 2.6.24.*

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Mar 24 2008 - 03:06:23 EST

> Can you explain more clearly what you mean with vmstat?

Open shell window. Enter "vmstat 1". Run Wine application. Watch "cs"
column over time.

An possible improvement would be also to use a larger number than 1 to get
values over long time.

Compare that value to the old kernel.

> Also, I'd like to find a way to feasibly do the git bisect (I assume you
> basically mean testing against every change in sequence since .23), but

Yes, although it is just every 1+log2 changes

> I'd like some advice on how to do this, and how to do it reasonably
> expeditiously.

Type git bisect into google, there are lots of tutorials.

-Andi