Re: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]

From: Justin Madru
Date: Mon Mar 24 2008 - 23:07:40 EST

Jesse Barnes wrote:
Good luck with the upgrade...

Well, the upgrade went ok, and compiling the reg_dumper using the libpciaccess .deb from Bryce worked.
Then I tried to add to the boot scripts a call to reg_dumper...
...To make a long story short...
I somehow killed my boot scripts! Anyways, I did a fresh reinstall of Ubuntu 8.4 Beta.

I'm still getting the blank screen problem with the 2.6.25-rc6 kernel,
so I guess it wasn't a Ubuntu software problem (or I hope not, because that could be really hard to find).

What I did was created a script that took a reg_dump every 6 secs for 1 min.
I made that as rc2.d/S01regdump so it should've been the very first thing called.
So, I hope there's enough "data points" to see what's happening.

Reg Dump Information
http://jdserver.homelinux.org/linux/reg_dump.tar.bz2
Detailed System Information
http://jdserver.homelinux.org/linux/sysinfo-2.6.25-rc6
Kernel Config
http://jdserver.homelinux.org/linux/config-2.6.25-rc6

Hope that can help find the problem. If you need me to test anything else I'll try.

Justin