Re: [RFC 8/8] x86_64: Support for new UV apic

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 14:03:19 EST

> > This should be probably factored properly (didn't Jeremy have smp_ops
> > for this some time ago) so that even the default case is a call.
>
> By factored, do you means something like:
> is_uv_legacy_system()
> is_us_non_unique_apicid_system()
>
> Or maybe:
> is_uv_system_type(x) # where x is UV_NON_UNIQUE_APIC, etc

No instead of having lots of if (xyz_system) do_xyz_special()
go through smp_ops for the whole thing so that UV would just have a
special smp_ops that has special implementions or wrappers.

Oops I see smp_ops are currently only implemented
for 32bit. Ok do it only once smp_ops exist on 64bit too.

-Andi