Re: [patch] pci: revert "PCI: remove transparent bridge sizing"

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 19:06:54 EST

> I dunno. I'm not going to do anything in this area before 2.6.25 is out
> because this *does* make me a bit nervous, but if somebody wants to think
> about this and perhaps write patches for testing, that would be good.

One way to kill off some of the assumptions and gunge would be to add
pci_resource_assigned(resource) [or indeed just resource_assigned()].
Iomap has similar problems - we have no portable defined "not mapped" at
the moment, although we use NULL technically mmio maps of 0 end up at 0
in the implementation today.

Alan