Re: [patch 0/7] vfs: mountinfo (v4)

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 10:14:12 EST

Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another update that fixes Al's latest comments:
>
> - the per-sb options are merged into the fs-specific options
> - mount source is shown as a separate field (because commas are not
> escaped within it)
> - group id checking before allocation/freeing: this one doesn't
> actually make a difference for the moment (I hope) but Al's variant
> is cleaner
> - simplify ID allocation and freeing
> - dominator renaming
> - function header comment updating

Is it robust against mounting /dev/$'abc def\x0dghi'
to ~/mnt/`perl -e 'print "a" x 4050'`?

Besides that, I don't like having 'none' as the mount source. Instead, I
like to e.g. mount proc /proc -t proc, this will put the important
information into the first column of the mount(1) output, right where I
start reading.