Re: [patch 7/7] vfs: mountinfo: show dominating group id

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 18:43:26 EST

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 01:06:26PM +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> +propagate_from:X mount is slave and receives propagation from peer group X (*)
> unbindable mount is unbindable
>
> +(*) X is the closest dominant peer group under the process's root. If
> +X is the immediate master of the mount, or if there's no dominant peer
> +group under the same root, then only the "master:X" field is present
> +and not the "propagate_from:X" field.

Humm... How does one distinguish between these variants? Searching
in mountinfo for vfsmount with group ID of reported master? We can
live with that, but it looks like a subtlety that will be cheerfully
forgotten by userland code.

Will do for now, but I think that we'll need that piece of documentation
more noticable and not so easy to overlook.