Re: 2.6.25-rc7-git2: Reported regressions from 2.6.24

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 16:01:27 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
That stupid clearing in new_slab() is totally and utterly irrelevant (in addition to the fact that it's hard to spot).

The point was never new_slab(). So why do you even mention it?

Because I didn't spot that we're calling kmalloc_large() in the fallback path too. I was referring to the page allocator pass-through kmalloc_large() call that happens before we hit __slab_alloc. My bad, sorry.

Pekka