Re: Oops/Warning report for the week of March 28th 2008

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 19:10:33 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Linus Torvalds wrote:

http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=input_release_device

The problem with kerneloops is that it seems to be really hard to figure out the *source* of the oops. I can find the oopses (and it's really good with the whole search-and-clump-together-by-version thing), but then when some oops like this is found, it's hard to see where your kerneloops scripts found the oops from, so the context of the oops is all gone.

I can try doing some sorting tricks in the grouping, so that those oopses who have more data than this, show
up on top... (and maybe a direct link on the search page)

I just implemented this; below are two examples of this:

http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=tcp_mark_head_lost
http://www.kerneloops.org/search.php?search=input_release_device

The ratio of automatic versus mailinglist/bugzilla mails is quite high in favor
of the automatic ones so there's not all THAT many of these at this point,
especially in the "searchweek" version, which only shows the last 7 days of
reports.