Re: [alsa-devel] [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

From: Michael Cree
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 06:03:07 EST

Bob Tracy wrote:
Rene Herman wrote:
$ sox asskickd.wav -w -r 44100 -t alsa hw

Several seconds of silence, followed by what sounded like continuous pitched
machine-gun fire. Each <ctrl>C advanced through the file (the pitch of the
machine-gun fire changed slightly). Still had to type <ctrl>\ to kill sox.

Right, that sounds just like the older PWS600au I have - the one with the ESS1888 - except that what Bob describes as machine gun fire, I thought was, ahem, flatulence.

The newer PWS600au (with the ESS1887) plays the sound files correctly, except for the repeated bits at the end.

Michael.