Re: Again... DMA speed too slow

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 21:01:29 EST

J.A. Magallón wrote:
Hi all...

I have tried to burn some data from the commandline with wodim (since time
ago I just used beasero...), and I have noticed this (media is CD, not DVD):

Vendor_info : 'HL-DT-ST'
Identification : 'DVDRAM GSA-H10N '
Revision : 'JL12'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
Speed set to 8467 KB/s
wodim: DMA speed too slow (OK for 5x). Cannot write at speed 48x.
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 48.0 in real TAO mode for single session.

I just can burn CDs at 5x ??
But then the program tries to write at 48x.
It the DMA message really true ?

No, UDMA33 should be more than fast enough. My guess is that wodim is determining the DMA speed using some unreliable mechanism.