Re: 2.6.25-rc7: Ugh.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 10:51:18 EST

Oliver Neukum wrote:
Am Sonntag, 30. MÃrz 2008 23:04:25 schrieb Mark Lord:
Correction there: 3GB of RAM, not 2.
3GB of RAM can be a problem. Try iommu=soft. .. but in such case
rmmod/insmod of usbhid would not help...
..

Booted with mem=2GB, and USB hung again on the first suspend/resume cycle.

Are you running with CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND? If so, please try without it.
..

Funny. One of the first posts in this thread told me to make sure
that I do use CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND (which I have been for many kernels now).

One thing I just tried, was to unload all USB stuff before suspend,
and reload on resume -- just stuck the commands into my suspend/resume script.

The machine has been 100% rock solid since then.
So I think that definitely implicates USB.

Still want USB_SUSPEND=n ? Please explain.

Thanks