Re: 2.6.25-rc7: Ugh.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 11:14:44 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Oliver Neukum wrote:
Am Montag, 31. MÃrz 2008 16:39:33 schrieb Mark Lord:

One thing I just tried, was to unload all USB stuff before suspend,
and reload on resume -- just stuck the commands into my suspend/resume script.

The machine has been 100% rock solid since then.
So I think that definitely implicates USB.

Yes. What happens if you unload only usbhid at that time?
..

Mmm.. interesting choice, there. I'll try that.

There is another quirk on this machine that might confuse
software that's not robust: the internal Bluetooth adapter
is USB connected, and I normally have it disabled (BIOS hotkey).
So it normally is "not present".

But on any power-on / resume, it briefly powers up and becomes "present",
and, after a second or two, the BIOS powers it down again, "not present".

Just long enough for software to notice it and try talking to it.
If that software is not carefully coded, it might get confused.

This has not been a problem before, but perhaps with the new USB autosuspend code?
..

Speaking of which.. what's with this "broken" message?
I wonder if it could be at all related ?

kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): kobject_cleanup
kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): does not have a release() function, it is broken and must be fixed.
kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): auto cleanup 'remove' event
kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): kobject_uevent_env
kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): fill_kobj_path: path = '/module/hci_usb'
kobject: 'hci_usb' (f89d2948): auto cleanup kobject_del
kobject: 'hci_usb': free name