Re: 2.6.25-rc7: Ugh.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 15:21:58 EST

Oliver Neukum wrote:

But if power is cut with newer kernels and older kernels retain it, something
must have changed. Can you undo the ACPI changes since the last working
kernel?
..

No, that's no different.
This notebook always cuts +5V from USB on suspend or poweroff.
Regardless of kernel version. I don't know how common this is,
but all of my notebooks here have always behaved this way,
as have most (but not all) of the larger systems.

The two most recent PCIe motherboards I have here
do provide +5V standby power to USB, even when "OFF",
much to my annoyance and to the detriment of this planet.

Cheers